Veiviržėnai

Veiviržėnai has been mentioned in historical sources from the 13th century; in 1751, the little town was bestowed a commercial privilege, and in 1792 – the rights to the autonomy and the coat of arms. In Veiviržėnai the church of St. Apostles Evangelist Matthew was built in 1769. The wooden chapel-oratory was built in the cemetery in 1791. In 18th - 19th centuries Veiviržėnai was famous for its markets and fairs. During the years of Independence Veiviržėnai was the centre of the volost. The Monument to the Independence was erected in 1932.  

 

We do not yet exist. Be the first!